WakaWaka seeks an enthusiastic and driven logistics intern for its growing logistics team committed to contribute to our mission: sharing the abundant power of the sun with more than 1.2 billion people worldwide who live without access to light and power, and another billion who live with sporadic access at best. WakaWaka’s products not only cater to this group but to all of the seven billion women, men and children on the planet, regardless of age or geography, position or predicament. We believe that everyone has the right to access safe, affordable and renewable energy solutions.
As our logistics intern you will support the logistics team in the Netherlands with the daily shipments to our global destinations and help further professionalize our supply chain. We offer an environment where you can learn a lot about global supply chains and international distribution models, as we deliver shipments to practically every destination in the world. Furthermore you will work together with our warehousing partners in Netherlands, Hong Kong and the US to provide quotations to our sales operations, and customer support to our customers. You will also be dedicated to one or more projects to help structure and professionalize our supply chain.
What will you do?
- Coordinate national and international land-, air- and seafreight shipments.
- Prepare export documents for import and export shipments in consultation with our customers.
- Inventory management
- Provide our Sales & Marketing department with quotations for international shipments.
- Manage our Logistics administration.
- Proactively advise how (processes around) the WakaWaka logistics department can be further improved.
- Manage logistics projects either alone or with a senior colleague, depending on the size of the projects. Example topics could be:
- What are the newest innovation areas looking at global supply chains, and how can we implement them at WakaWaka?
- How can we standardize our supply chain to be most cost efficient?
- Competitor analysis of transportation costs calculated to customers
- How can we efficiently structure warehousing and transportation globally?
- How can we lower global duties and taxes by smart distribution and/or local partial assembly?
Who are you?
- You have an interest in WakaWaka’s vision and goal and are passionate to contribute.
- You are proactive and like sharing your ideas in an open environment.
- You enjoy an environment that’s ever changing and know how to shift between long term projects and matters that need an immediate response.
- You are capable of building structure in a chaotic environment.
What have you done?
- Completed or in the final phase of a related HBO or WO study in logistics, supply chain, innovation or any other relevant education.
- Proven fluent verbal and written control of English is an absolute must. Fluency in Dutch is considered a preference.
Should your profile not match our vacancy description completely, please don’t hesitate to still send your resume and motivation letter to us.
International Logistics Manager
Start Date: 3/4 times per year
Duration: preferably 6 months (minimal 3 months)
Remuneration: 350 euro per month
Please send your motivation and CV to: email@example.com