Sales Support Specialist
WakaWaka North America
Location: San Francisco, United States
Company: WakaWaka North America
Industry: Solar Energy / Social Enterprise
Start Date: February 2018
Position: Full Time
Role: Sales Support Specialist
WakaWaka (“shine bright” in Swahili) is an award-winning social enterprise on a mission to end energy poverty. The company develops, manufactures and markets high-tech low-cost solar-powered flashlights and chargers. WakaWaka is on a mission to bring light and power to the more than 1 billion people living without access to electricity. Replacing kerosene lamps with WakaWaka solar lights has a critical, large-scale effect on health, safety, education, community and economic development, particularly in remote regions, disaster-struck or war-torn areas. Every purchase of a WakaWaka product will help spread light and power to those living without access to electricity.
WakaWaka is seeking a full-time highly motivated, creative and proactive sales support specialist who is enthusiastic about social entrepreneurship. As a small, fast growing San Francisco-based office, we embrace the startup culture by constantly identifying ways to build a stronger structure that will allow our processes to be more efficient and impactful. Responsibilities will include sales-related support to sales staff, completing administrative tasks related to operational activities, and implementing new policies to make sales processes more efficient. Manage cooperation with cross-functional teams to introduce new products or services.
- Provide sales representatives with details of customers’ orders and requests for quotations, and make them aware of any problems likely to affect customer relationships.
- Handle telephone calls or acknowledge customers’ e-mails for sales representatives.
- Arrange travel or accommodation for sales representatives and process their claims for business expenses.
- Complete new vendor set up documents for new B2B and retail partners.
- Manage and monitor customer order processing systems to ensure POs and invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Check stock availability or production schedules and forward order details to production and distribution departments.
- Send acknowledgments to customers via email or phone with updates on order fulfillment and delivery.
- Create and maintain customer records, updating details when contacts change or when customers request quotations or place orders.
- Compile daily lists of leads and delegate individual leads to sales team
- Maintain an organized and accessible file system for administrative and sales professionals.
- Handle administrative duties for the organization and scheduling of client meetings and conferences.
- Follow up with clients on the telephone for administrative purposes
- Provide administrative assistance to executives and management team members as required
- Perform data entry duties with regard to sales figures, metrics and other key data
- Excellent administrative, clerical, record-keeping and computing skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail, entering customers’ requests accurately and issuing clear instructions to other departments.
- Possess great interpersonal skills to interact with customers and collaborate with other departments in the company, such as marketing, production, accounts and distribution.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal politely and effectively with customers’ inquiries or complaints.
- At least 3 years customer service and sales support experience is necessary.
- Sales and leadership certifications preferred.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Extensive knowledge of supply demand planning.
- Previous experience working with a US or international consumer brand required.
College graduate or combination of experience and education
Interested in this position? Send your resume and motivation letter to Ellison Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in contact with you shortly.